Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Gardening and God

Are these two separate subjects really as separate as they are thought to be?
I was thinking about this, and found this article:

http://lds.org/ensign/2005/07/three-green-beans-and-me?lang=eng

I was truly amazed at it. Sometimes, I know, I am just like the main character in this story, not really caring and thinking I'm too busy for what I'm supposed to do. And, honestly, I find that like in this story, I am always embarrassed when it is time to account for it.
This has tremendous value not only to gardeners, but to everyone. There are many people with young kids, and kids not so young; there are managers with several employees under them; there are church leaders with many in their congregations; but the principle is the same: do your duty and you will know God even more. Even when it is seemingly hopeless, just think: do I look hopeless to God? You certainly don't! That's why He keeps coming around to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment